FAQ: What Does The Word Conception Mean?
- 1 What is the exact meaning of conception?
- 2 What is the example of conception?
- 3 What does personal conception mean?
- 4 What does conceived mean?
- 5 Does conception mean the day I got pregnant?
- 6 Can you tell the father of your baby by conception date?
- 7 How long does it take after conception to become pregnant?
- 8 How do you use the word conceive?
- 9 How do you use the word conception in a sentence?
- 10 What does Conception feel like?
- 11 What is conception short answer?
- 12 Can you feel conception?
- 13 What is the date you conceived?
- 14 Is conceived or was conceived?
- 15 Can you conceive something?
What is the exact meaning of conception?
1a: the process of becoming pregnant involving fertilization or implantation or both. b: embryo, fetus. 2a: the capacity, function, or process of forming or understanding ideas or abstractions or their symbols. b: a general idea. More from Merriam-Webster on conception.
What is the example of conception?
The definition of conception is the process of becoming pregnant or the origin of anything. An example of conception is when the egg and sperm meet and form a life. An example of conception is the creation of a new marketing technique. That which is conceived; specif., an embryo or fetus.
What does personal conception mean?
Conception means any idea or concept, or a sum of ideas and concepts. Your conception for designing the little girl’s room with a princess theme was a hit. Her evil stepsisters are jealous. The noun conception can also mean a beginning — of anything in general, or of a pregnancy, specifically.
What does conceived mean?
transitive verb. 1a: to become pregnant with (young) conceive a child. b: to cause to begin: originate a project conceived by the company’s founder. 2a: to take into one’s mind conceive a prejudice. b: to form a conception of: imagine a badly conceived design cleverly conceived teleplays.
Does conception mean the day I got pregnant?
When there is an egg waiting, conception can occur as soon as three minutes after sexual intercourse. That said, sperm can survive inside the female reproductive system for up to five days. 3 This means that the day that you had sex won’t necessarily be the day that you get pregnant.
Can you tell the father of your baby by conception date?
Obstetricians, GPs and midwifes have a simple formula for working out the expected date of delivery (EDD) based on the date of the first day of your last menstrual period. Add seven days to the date of that first day, and then subtract three months.
How long does it take after conception to become pregnant?
Pregnancy doesn’t start the day you have sex — it can take up to six days after sex for the sperm and egg to join and form a fertilized egg. Then, it can take three to four days for the fertilized egg to completely implant itself in the lining of the uterus.
How do you use the word conceive?
verb (used with object), con·ceived, con·ceiv·ing.
- to form (a notion, opinion, purpose, etc.): He conceived the project while he was on vacation.
- to form a notion or idea of; imagine.
- to hold as an opinion; think; believe: I can’t conceive that it would be of any use.
How do you use the word conception in a sentence?
Conception in a Sentence
- It was obvious from the conception of the fundraiser the event would not be profitable.
- During the building’s conception, several important aspects of design were overlooked.
- The conception for the dry cleaning business occurred when Jared couldn’t afford to launder his clothes in college.
What does Conception feel like?
Some women do notice signs and symptoms that implantation has occurred. Signs may include light bleeding, cramping, nausea, bloating, sore breasts, headaches, mood swings, and possibly a change in basal body temperature. But — and here’s the frustrating part — many of these signs are very similar to PMS.
What is conception short answer?
Short Review Conception occurs when an ovum is fertilized by a sperm cell. Conception is the first stage of development for a zygote. Conception can only take place after ovulation which is the release of the ova from the ovaries for fertilization.
Can you feel conception?
Some women may notice symptoms as early as 5 DPO, although they won’t know for certain that they are pregnant until much later. Early signs and symptoms include implantation bleeding or cramps, which can occur 5–6 days after the sperm fertilizes the egg. Other early symptoms include breast tenderness and mood changes.
What is the date you conceived?
Calculating Conception Date For a woman with a regular period, conception typically occurs about 11-21 days after the first day of the last period. Most women do not know the exact date of conception because it can be challenging to know exactly when ovulation occurs.
Is conceived or was conceived?
Latin roots for conceive (by way of French) point to “take into” either “the womb” or “the mind.” An idea is sometimes called “a seed” or “the seed of an idea,” and conceive means to produce something from inside the mind — or to become pregnant.
Can you conceive something?
1[transitive] (formal) to form an idea, a plan, etc. in your mind; to imagine something conceive something He conceived the idea of transforming the old power station into an arts center. conceive of something (as something) God is often conceived of as male.