Quick Answer: What Is The Stage That Begins At About 8 Weeks After Conception And Continues Until Birth Quizlet?
- 1 What is the stage that begins at about 8 weeks after conception and continues until birth group of answer choices?
- 2 What is the term for developing child from 8 weeks after conception until birth?
- 3 What stage of prenatal development is the longest?
- 4 What is the first and shortest stage of the prenatal period called?
- 5 What is the correct order of prenatal development?
- 6 What are some critical time periods in pregnancy when the developing baby is more vulnerable than others?
- 7 When does the zygote implant in the lining of the mothers uterus?
- 8 What is the critical period of pregnancy?
- 9 What is it called when a sperm and egg cell come together?
- 10 What are the 3 stages of pregnancy?
- 11 At what point is the fetus typically able to survive outside of the mother’s body?
- 12 When are hereditary defects present in a developing fetus?
- 13 Which is the shortest stage of pregnancy?
- 14 What develops during the germinal stage?
- 15 What happens during the germinal stage how long does this stage last?
What is the stage that begins at about 8 weeks after conception and continues until birth group of answer choices?
The process of prenatal development occurs in three main stages. The first two weeks after conception are known as the germinal stage, the third through the eighth week is known as the embryonic period, and the time from the ninth week until birth is known as the fetal period.
What is the term for developing child from 8 weeks after conception until birth?
Your developing fetus has already gone through a few name changes in the first few weeks of pregnancy. Generally, it’s called an embryo from conception until the eighth week of development. After the eighth week, it’s called a fetus until it’s born.
What stage of prenatal development is the longest?
In the fetal stage, the developing human organism is called a fetus. This is the longest stage, starting in the ninth week after conception and continuing until birth.
What is the first and shortest stage of the prenatal period called?
What Is the Germinal Stage? Figure 23.2. 2: The germinal stage of human development begins with fertilization in a Fallopian tube and ends with implantation in the uterus. The germinal stage of development is the first and shortest of the stages of the human lifespan.
What is the correct order of prenatal development?
There are three stages of prenatal development: germinal, embryonic, and fetal.
What are some critical time periods in pregnancy when the developing baby is more vulnerable than others?
The fetus is most vulnerable during the first 12 weeks. During this period of time, all of the major organs and body systems are forming and can be damaged if the fetus is exposed to drugs, infectious agents, radiation, certain medications, tobacco and toxic substances.
When does the zygote implant in the lining of the mothers uterus?
Six to 10 days after fertilization, the embryo attaches, or implants, itself into the lining of the uterus. During the next week or so, the embryo receives its nourishment and oxygen from the cells that make up the lining of the uterus.
What is the critical period of pregnancy?
In general, major defects of the body and internal organs are more likely to occur between 3 to 12 embryo / fetal weeks. This is the same as 5 to 14 gestational weeks (weeks since the first day of your last period). This is also referred to as the first trimester.
What is it called when a sperm and egg cell come together?
Sexual reproduction starts with the combination of a sperm and an egg in a process called fertilization. This can occur either inside (internal fertilization) or outside (external fertilization) the body of the female.
What are the 3 stages of pregnancy?
Pregnancy the three trimesters
- First Trimester (0 to 13 Weeks) The first trimester is the most crucial to your baby’s development.
- Second Trimester (14 to 26 Weeks)
- Third Trimester (27 to 40 Weeks)
At what point is the fetus typically able to survive outside of the mother’s body?
Doctors now consider 22 weeks the earliest gestational age when a baby is “viable,” or able to survive outside the womb.
When are hereditary defects present in a developing fetus?
Most birth defects occur in the first 3 months of pregnancy, when the organs of the baby are forming. This is a very important stage of development. However, some birth defects occur later in pregnancy. During the last six months of pregnancy, the tissues and organs continue to grow and develop.
Which is the shortest stage of pregnancy?
In the third stage of labor, the placenta is delivered. The placenta grows in your uterus and supplies your baby with food and oxygen through the umbilical cord. This stage is the shortest and usually doesn’t take more than 20 minutes.
What develops during the germinal stage?
The germinal stage is the stage of development that occurs from conception until 2 weeks (implantation). Conception occurs when a sperm fertilizes an egg and forms a zygote. A zygote begins as a one-cell structure that is created when a sperm and egg merge.
What happens during the germinal stage how long does this stage last?
The germinal period (about 14 days in length) lasts from conception to implantation of the zygote (fertilized egg) in the lining of the uterus. During this time, the organism begins cell division and growth. After the fourth doubling, differentiation of the cells begins to occur as well.